We got 16 inches of snow in Stafford, VA! I think that is more snow than I have seen in Fayetteville,NC in my entire childhood. Chances are that things are still going to be white for Christmas!
Let’s get this party started Are you picturing your last late-night party that you danced the night away? I’m not talking about that kind of party. I’m talking about a family work party. Yes raising a family is hard work. But that’s not what I’m talking about either. In our house, Saturday mornings are typically spent cleaning together and listening to the parents' music of choice. Everyone is cleaning. You could call it mandatory family fun. I say this in jest. Cleaning isn’t my favorite thing to do. In all honesty, when I can afford it I pay someone to help me clean the house. So what’s the point? What are we doing? Do I just want to make my children miserable? No. I know the value of family work. I know that it strengthens my family. The Family: A Proclamation to the World teaches us, “Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of. . . work.” “The reason family-centered work brings blessings and salvation is so obvious in common experience t...
Hello everyone, I haven't posted in forever. Let's see, I live in Tbilisi Georgia underneath Russia. I now have 5 beautiful children. I finished the Church's pathway program and am now finishing my last year of BYU-I online. For a class assignment, I have been tasked with making a blog with some helpful information about parenting that I have learned this past semester. I thought I would post it here since I already have a blog that captures my parenting adventures. Well, a few adventures anyways. What can I say I'm a busy Mom?!
The Family: A Proclamation to the World declares that “marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God”, and that “husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other” How do we go about sharing that love for each other? I’ve only been married for 19 years so I feel like our marriage is still at the beginning of our lifelong journey together. Here are 5 Foundational Processes from the Family proclamation that helps strengthen our marriages. I learned this from my textbook; Marriages and Families Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives Edited by Alan J. Hawkins David C. Dollahite Thomas W. Draper · Foundational Process #1: Personal Commitment to the Marriage Covenant. marriage is a purposeful, divinely created relationship, not merely a social custom, and that couples have God-given covenant obligations to one another. · Foundational Process #2: Love and Friendship. The proclamation mentions the responsibility ...
Comments