Wow, I can't believe that Spring Break was the last time I posted something! We have had so much fun during the year here in Moscow. I have taken lots of pictures and it's about time to get some things on the blog! So, let me start with today. Today we ventured off the compound to Sokolniki Park. It was so worth the trip! We carried with us a sled and some ice skates. Everyone had on several layers as it was 26 degrees Fahrenheit when we left the house. (Which was way warmer than it had been!) We took our 4 kids on the crazy Moscow metro. Of coarse I had to hold Jacob because he would be trampled in the crowds. We smush our way on to the metro and right away people are insistent that we take a seat. Every time I get on the metro with a my children someone performs some act of kindness! I think with this many children you need it! We finally arrive to our destination and ....Wow! The walk up to the park was on a little brick street. Mike and the k...
Let’s get this party started Are you picturing your last late-night party that you danced the night away? I’m not talking about that kind of party. I’m talking about a family work party. Yes raising a family is hard work. But that’s not what I’m talking about either. In our house, Saturday mornings are typically spent cleaning together and listening to the parents' music of choice. Everyone is cleaning. You could call it mandatory family fun. I say this in jest. Cleaning isn’t my favorite thing to do. In all honesty, when I can afford it I pay someone to help me clean the house. So what’s the point? What are we doing? Do I just want to make my children miserable? No. I know the value of family work. I know that it strengthens my family. The Family: A Proclamation to the World teaches us, “Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of. . . work.” “The reason family-centered work brings blessings and salvation is so obvious in common experience t...
Settling into life in San Salvador has been an adventure. Everyday life can feel overwhelming, and we are still figuring things out. On weekends, we rent a car to do our shopping and try to carve out some family time. One of the most beautiful things about our new routine is that when we go to church on Sundays, the San Salvador LDS Temple is right there, just across the parking lot. I often wish I could take the feeling of the temple with me wherever I go. One particular Saturday, I had just had enough. I had slipped in the shower three times, the boys were rowdy, the news was filled with worry, and my heart felt heavy. I needed peace. I turned to Mike and asked if we could drive by the temple, just to find out how attending worked here. I wasn’t sure what I was looking for—just some reassurance, some grounding. When we arrived, we walked into a building where p...
Comments