Dream a Little Dream

Importance of Mothers

 

When I was a child, I dreamed about what I could do to make the world a better place.

Nowhere in my dream was having a family. Whatever it was I would make a bunch of money

and probably have several degrees. I saw a photo of children in Africa. There need was so great.

There were humanitarians handing out aid and doctors providing life-saving vaccinations.

I noticed there were several people in the photos who looked like they needed some dental care.

That’s it I thought. I’ll go to the other side of the world and become a dentist. That’s how I can

make the world a better place.

 

Fast forward 20 or so years. Yes, I’m living on the other side of the world. Am I a dentist? No.

What do I do then? Well, I work for the US Embassy. What’s my profession? I am a mother of 5.

I am a hardworking, dedicated, God-fearing, Christian Values living mother.

This will be my life’s work and legacy. Mother.

 

“Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother’s

image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child’s mind. It is

her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection;

her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.”

 

 

Will this be my only contribution to society? I most certainly hope not!

I hope to be one that others will know as a force for good. I know that as a mother I have a

divine calling to nurture the children around me.

 

“As Sister Sheri Dew, who has not had the opportunity to marry or bear children, explained:

Of all the words they could have chosen to define her role and her essence, both God the Father

and Adam called Eve “the mother of all living”—and they did so before she ever bore a child. . . .

Motherhood is more than bearing children. . . . It is the essence of who we are as women.

It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us”

 

 

The quoted selections are from my textbook;

Marriages and Families Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives Edited by Alan J. Hawkins David C. Dollahite Thomas W. Draper

 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the sun?

Family Work

It Takes a Village